- 1st time through: OMFG ABE/MIHASHI WOW OTP OMG
- "Honeymoon phase": Wow, you know I'm totally down with Mihashi/Abe too, man, all these fics are great, oh man and Hamada/Isumi and Tajima/Hanai are also totally awesome
- "Expanding Horizons phase": Look at all these other characters, they're so interesting! Izumi/Mizutani! Abe/Izumi! Mizutani/Sakaeguchi! The more obscure, the more complex and interesting! I mean, I still love Abe/Miha/Miha/Abe, they're totes my OTP but...
- After a year, "Smug veteran phase": UGH ABE/MIHASHI IS SO BORING AND OVERDONE YOU KNOW THEY'RE JUST NOT AS INTERESTING ITS SO EASY TO SHIP THEM (also you have now read all the fics in the kinkmeme)
- Half a year later (after an overdue reread) "Second wind phase": OMFG ABE/MIHA LOVE RENEWED THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS SO COMPLEX AND INTERESTING MY BABIES I MISSED YOU WHY ARE THERE NO NEW FICS
- Finally "Oofuri Nirvana phase": SHIP EVERYTHING REGRET NOTHING.
Today’s Talk: Do You Even Know What Yaoi is?
“No.6 is not “a yaoi.” (…) When you use the term incorrectly over and over, we fangirls lose the privilege of being able to participate in meaningful discourse about the series. I am not unique in wanting to both enjoy yaoi fanworks from No.6, but also to appreciate and discuss the narrative. If you enter the conversation calling it a yaoi, no one is going to take you seriously. Not because yaoi is an illegitimate media (it’s not!) but because No.6 has a plot beyond an incidental contrivance allowing two males to have sex. Even I’m not having a meaningful discussion about No.6 with you if you think it doesn’t.”