Right, so, the latest tournament is over in the manga. Seems like a great place to end a third season of anime. Very tidy, very dramatic. You’ve got the content there. Now, more waiting.
What events should we be paying attention to? TIAF 2013 has passed, but are there events that one might anticipate hearing new season announcements at? Certain times of the year that these things are announced? Does anyone know?
Or do we just keep on doing what we’ve been doing?
…by that I mean crying.
If you watch anime and you’re following me and you haven’t watched Ookiku Furikabutte yet (aka Oofuri or Big Windup)
- Why not?
- Do it, it is seriously the best.
- When they announce season three I will be talking about nothing else so you might as well familiarize yourself.
Also, if you’re actually taking my advice, keep in mind that the first episode is really uncomfortably weird but you can’t skip it. After that it just starts melting your heart with adorableness. Also, watch the subs for the love of god, not the dub. 2 seasons. You can handle it.
Oofuri is about a (wildly awkward and poorly socially adjusted )boy named Mihashi who transfers to a new district for high school to escape the bullying he received for being the team pitcher of the school his grandfather owned. Entering Nishiura, his plan to never play baseball again is thwarted by the enthusiastic and talented misfits that form the new baseball team there. Turns out Mihashi is a special kind of pitching genius, and his talented and calculating (and also emotionally scarred in junior-high baseball) catcher might be the one to get his confidence and self-worth back!
IT IS SO PRECIOUS and no you don’t need to give a shit about baseball, I sure don’t. But the games are gripping and the characters are so endearing. YOU WILL CHEER.
GO WATCH NOW.
Oh wait that’s every day.
- 1st time through: OMFG ABE/MIHASHI WOW OTP OMG
- "Honeymoon phase": Wow, you know I'm totally down with Mihashi/Abe too, man, all these fics are great, oh man and Hamada/Isumi and Tajima/Hanai are also totally awesome
- "Expanding Horizons phase": Look at all these other characters, they're so interesting! Izumi/Mizutani! Abe/Izumi! Mizutani/Sakaeguchi! The more obscure, the more complex and interesting! I mean, I still love Abe/Miha/Miha/Abe, they're totes my OTP but...
- After a year, "Smug veteran phase": UGH ABE/MIHASHI IS SO BORING AND OVERDONE YOU KNOW THEY'RE JUST NOT AS INTERESTING ITS SO EASY TO SHIP THEM (also you have now read all the fics in the kinkmeme)
- Half a year later (after an overdue reread) "Second wind phase": OMFG ABE/MIHA LOVE RENEWED THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS SO COMPLEX AND INTERESTING MY BABIES I MISSED YOU WHY ARE THERE NO NEW FICS
- Finally "Oofuri Nirvana phase": SHIP EVERYTHING REGRET NOTHING.